RedBird ReDesign, LLC is an interior design studio specializing in redesign – we don’t require our clients to start with a blank slate. We make design a fun, low stress and a viable option for our clients to have beautiful and functional spaces. RedBird listens to a client’s needs, develops purposeful design, and delivers a concrete plan for clients to achieve their goals.
We are growing and are looking for a part time Assistant Project Manager to join our small dynamic team. This is a collaborative position, working with the owner/principal design and an associate interior designer.
You must be great with clients, have excellent writing skills, and have a strong interest or background in interior design. You will have exposure to the design process, participate in client meetings, and provide assistance in the office to write proposals, communicate with clients and partners, and help keep the office running.
If you can quickly build rapport with clients, are a top-notch communicator, and have a positive, hands-on approach, and we would love to hear from you!
- 5-10 hours per week
- Compensation is hourly commensurate with experience
- This is a mix of telecommuting position with meetings in downtown Silver Spring 2-3 times a week and appointments at client and retail sites.
The Assistant Project Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Participate in client meetings at client residences
- Business development: sell RedBird services to prospective clients and partners
- Write proposals and calculate estimates with notes from client sales meetings
- Coordinate with vendors, obtain quotes for materials
- Assist in project planning, scheduling. Use MS and Google calendar apps
- Prepare design documents using Microsoft Office
- Draft social media posts
- Administrative assistance on assigned projects
- Attend regular on-site meetings in downtown Silver Spring.
- Must be customer service driven, able to make small talk and quickly put clients at ease 😊
- Excellent writing skills (no misspellings or typos) and communication
- Must be comfortable ‘selling’ RedBird Services to warm leads
- Knowledge of design basics; vocabulary of interior design styles, furnishings and love of interiors!
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to work independently
- Reliable transportation (car preferred), reliable computer and dedicated work space at home
- Certificate in Interior Design and 1-3 years of work experience preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
To apply, send the 3 items below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a letter of introduction will not be considered.
- Cover letter describing your favorite furniture style
- Salary history